148 Blog Post Ideas For Lifestyle Bloggers 2022
Can’t think of what to post to your lifestyle blog? You’re overthinking! Stop it right now! …. To help get you started we’ve come up with 148 blog post ideas just for you.
That’s 3 posts a week for a whole year to keep your audience coming back for more and curing your writer’s block once and for all.
So, if you’re a beginner blogger or a seasoned pro, this list is for you! Designed to help alleviate some of that writers block, these lifestyle blog post ideas will keep you motivated and on task.
What is a lifestyle blog?
There’s a tonne of topics that lifestyle bloggers talk about. But what a lifestyle blog is not, is a personal blog. (Side note: A personal blog tends to be more like a diary, or a collection of a persons thoughts and personal meanderings).
A lifestyle blogger writes about things like fashion and beauty, food and nutrition, fitness & health, movies, tech and home decor and DIY. But it can pretty much cover anything that makes up a person’s passions or hobbies.
Sure, they write from their perspective, but it’s important to remember though that a lifestyle blogger writes for their readers, not themselves.
They’re always actively trying to solve their reader problems and answer their readers potential questions. So, their blog is highly marketable and interesting to many.
Many lifestyle bloggers focus on 2 or more topics and often successfully intersect these to make a niche. Think “Moms who Budget” or “Travel & Photography”…. Or the super trifecta “Budget Travelling with Kids!”. Combining two more more topics into your lifestyle blog can help you gain a more targeted following, and help to drive more traffic to your blog.
Lifestyle blog categories
- Fashion & Beauty
- Home Decor & DIY
- Food & Nutrition
- Hobbies (such as Photography, Cooking, Sewing or Crafting)
- Motherhood/ Parenting
- Family/ Kids
- Education/ Home schooling/ Unschooling
- Finance & Budgeting
- Work From Home
- Small Business/ Side Hustle
- Self Care & Wellness
- Health & Fitness / Yoga
Lifestyle blog examples I love
The fabulous Liz from San Francisco writes about all things life, tips on travel, home and style.
Sisters Elsie and Emma blog about recipes, step by step home decor projects and crafting.
Based in Arizona with her family, Amber blogs about travel, fashion and beauty.
Tips for starting a Lifestyle Blog
- Pick a specific niche (or two that go well together)
- Write for your readers/ solve a problem they are having
- Use seasonality to your advantage to create a packed content calendar
1. Pick a specific niche
Think about what you love, what you’re great at, what you enjoy. What do you naturally gravitate towards? If you’re clever you can combine 2 or 3 niches into one lifestyle blog and never be short of ideas!
2. Write for your readers/ solve their problems or answer their questions
Make sure you’re writing with purpose. Think about what your readers would want to know about that thing or process. How can you solve their problems?
What would they be searching for? Instead of “My favourite Summer Recipes”… try… “My favourite super quick Summer recipes under $10”… solving the issue of time and money!
3. Use seasonality to your advantage
Make a list! So many occasions and holidays and seasons to choose from.
Think about natural cycles of things… When a certain type of fresh produce is in season and plentiful?…
What holidays are special to you?
What are occasions or traditions in your house?
All of these can be bookmarked and used as the basis of a blog or even a series.
Trending lifestyle topics will follow a cycle, watch this closely!
148 Blog Post Ideas for Lifestyle Bloggers 2022
- How I create a routine for success/ exercise/ meal prep
- A day in the life of a lifestyle blogger
- How to get $hit done, even when you don’t feel like it
- OOTD – Outfit of the day
- How to make your own takeaways! And save a tonne of cash
- 5 Things I can’t live without
- My favourite bloggers
- My morning routine
- 12 Kick A$$ quotes for female creators
- Self care for work from home moms
- My fitness routine to stay toned/ supple/ healthy
- My favourite phone apps that keep me organized/ fit / in touch
- How I relax after a long day
- The A-Z of running your own business/ staying motivated during the school break
- 10 Simple steps to declutter your closet
- 6 Simple sides dishes to impress your guests
- 10 Holiday mocktails to make
- Gift ideas for mom/ dad/ your pet under $10/ $100
- How I uncovered my life’s purpose
- My work from home routine
- Staying calm under pressure
- How I started a simple edible garden for less than $50/ $100
- How to ditch the 9-5 and start your own blogging biz
- Share your journey to becoming a blogger
- 7 Healthy breakfast ideas for on the go moms
- My 5 minute summer makeup regime
- 5 Big blogging mistakes to avoid as a newbie
- Your favourite podcasts for female bloggers
- How to organize your life/ kitchen cupboards/ wardrobe/ shoe closet
- 10 Blogging myths
- Travel hacks for long haul tripping
- 8 Healthy, easy prep lunches to take to the office/ school/ Uni
- 6 Tips to take care of your mental health
- 12 Diet hacks/ fashion trends I want to bring back from the 1960’s/ 70’s/ 80’s
- How to work from home with kids/ toddlers/ teens
- 6 Teas that will calm your mind and soothe your soul
- 5 Netflix docs that will change your life, or at least change your mind
- Bucket list of travel goals/ places to visit/ experiences to have
- Workout at home routines
- Tips to tackle your social media
- How to delegate the chores
- How to streamline your day and get more done
- Blogging trends 2021
- Meal plans for the week
- How to live your life with intention/ purpose/ passion
- 5 Free home workouts from YouTube
- A recipe for success/ productivity/ setting intentions
- Morning checklist for starting your day right
- Life hacks for keeping your cool in pressure situations
- Comparison of apps or tools for blogging
- 7 Writing prompts to break your writer’s block
- 6 Ways to relax after a long/ frustrating/ busy day
- 21 Journal prompts for self reflection / self improvement/ self love
- How x TV show/series is a mirror on my life
- 6 Indoor plants you can’t kill
- How I make money blogging
- Tips for starting a home based business
- My top 3 free weekend activities to do with my partner/ the kids/ the family/ alone
- Secret habits of successful moms/ runners / sewers / etsy shop owners
- The top 3 things no one tells you about blogging / running your own business / working from home
- Lessons in life, what I learned this year
- 10 Things I’m happy for right now
- The best piece of advice I ever received
- Tops 10 eco-friendly gift ideas for guys
- 16 Herbs you can easily grow on a ledge or a windowsill
- My Summer bucket list
- 25 Hard working mom instagrammers you need to follow
- Mega collection/list of summer holiday drinks/ healthy snacks for kids / 15 minute midweek meals
- How to set up your home office
- What do successful bloggers all have in common
- How to stay healthy when working from home
- A holiday calendar of 365 special days
- Shows you’re currently binge watching
- 10 Great blog posts that inspired you this year
- What I spent money on in June/ July/ August
- All the tools I use to run my biz plus costs
- Date night dinner for two
- Best shows for makers and creators
- What’s in my makeup bag
- 15 Ways to change up your morning coffee habit
- 5 Ways to organize your meals
- How to downsize your wardrobe/ kitchen / life
- 6 Female entrepreneurs that inspire me
- How to let go of fear and insecurities
- My favourite wordpress plugins
- How I balance working from home with life
- My business goals for 2020/ June/ this quarter
- Roadmap to successful blogging
- 5 Business lessons I learned as a waitress/ Uber driver/ night porter
- Uplifting affirmations for female business owner/ new moms/ work from home moms
- How to save $10 a week/ $100 a month / $1000 a year with these simple steps
- 21 Gift ideas when you’re buying for the person who has everything
- 15 Myths about beauty bloggers / travel bloggers / mom bloggers
- How to make money as an travel/ beauty/ wellness blogger
- Tips for beginner bloggers
- My top guilty pleasures/purchases from May/June/July
- How much I spend on my skin care/ beauty regime
- Habits of happy families/ couple/ partners/ work spaces
- I’m currently coveting …these pants/ this pair of earrings / this bag/ this hair colour
- 12 Reasons why I love summer days/ holiday season/ winter – and why you will too
- My x pick of the week (TV show, Netflix series, dinner hack)
- How to use Google Docs/ Trello/ Evernote to plan your posts
- Matching holiday Pyjamas for the whole family
- How to simplify your routine
- My favourite blogging courses and e-books
- 30 Ways to surprise your bestie/ partner / kids
- How to create a mood board/ inspiration board
- My top 3 go to easy midweek recipes
- 100 Free acts of kindness
- My 10 minute full body from home workout
- Why you should quit these habits
- How to save money on food every week
- My biggest regret
- 10/30 day x challenge – drink more water, eat well, sleep by 10pm… blog your progress
- Hottest social network for bloggers right now
- What I learned turning 20,30,40,50…
- How to reduce your eco footprint
- My favourite books for inspiration
- How to conquer your fear of flying / spiders/ brussels spouts
- 6 Spots to hide away in when you’re tired
- The 11 rules I live my life by
- My yoga routine and set up
- How to be a good friend
- Bloggers who inspire me… top 10 list
- Biggest pet peeves at the supermarket/ coffee shop/ beach
- My travel checklist for frequent flyers
- FAQ about X (blogging, raising teenagers, losing weight on a plant based diet)
- Dupes.. Compare a cheap product with an expensive one and review
- My monthly beauty/ self care/ food obsessions
- My Xmas/ Easter/4th of July grocery haul
- How I pack for overseas travel
- My secret recipe for making the budget stretch/ keeping fit in 20 mins a day/ self care
- 10 Toxic habits you should ditch today
- How to get people to read your blog
- Low calorie/ high protein/ low GI Winter / Summer snacks
- My fave Ted talks on x (your passion)
- 6 Wardrobe staples I can’t live without
- 72 Hours in Auckland, NZ (your city or town)
- An open letter to my 18 year old self/ best friend / mum
- Morning shower hacks to start your day right
- 3 Healthy snack swaps to make today
- How to be mindful of your self talk
- 10 Things in my handbag right now
- 20 Blogging industry abbreviations and terms you need to know
- Ultimate guide to x (rock fishing, travelling with toddlers/ online shopping)
- How to organize your pantry for summer/ winter/ autumn / the holidays
- How to create a garden/ outdoor sanctuary/ she shed on a budget
- 25 Ways to prepare beets/ asparagus/ peaches/ feijoas/ plums… whatever’s in season
Where to find extra inspiration
If you’ve chosen your niche and are looking for a little bit of extra inspiration, head on over to Pinterest, Mix (Update: Mix is apparently closing down! and they have started a new project on their app…) or Bloglovin and search your niche or topic.
Don’t forget that you can batch up your content into themes or series’ as well!
For example when you spend time researching and writing about holiday gift giving, make sure you wrap in your other ideas around Christmas like – recipes, playlists and home decor, so when you’re in the same mindset you can get more done.
This way you can also make sure you include internal links to similar posts.
I hope these lifestyle blog post ideas were helpful! Let me know what you would like more of in the comments below!