AI writing for bloggers – How to supercharge your content
Blogging for me is a way to get what’s in my head out. I love writing, and find it cathartic, even if I’m writing about something pretty mundane! It’s the words I love. The feeling of putting letters on “paper”.
But, there a multitude of steps one has to take – or workflows – that are required to get a great blog post published. And it’s here, in the blogging weeds, that AI copywriting can help all of you fabulous bloggers out there.
AI copywriting has become increasingly popular with content creators, bloggers and marketers recently and there’s definitely good reason for that. But what exactly is ai copy writing? And how can an AI writer help you write a blog post?
Disclaimer: This post contains links, that if clicked, and you make a purchase, or start a trial, I may make a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I 🧡
What is AI Copy writing?
An AI copy writer like Jasper (formerly Jarvis AI & Conversion AI) or Copy.ai uses artificial intelligence (AI) to generate various types of content, including blog posts, social media posts, product descriptions, Google ads, and even email marketing messages.
AI copywriters are sophisticated computer programs that can generate human-like written content. While they’re not quite at the level of replacing real live humans just yet, they’re getting pretty darn close.
An AI copywriter uses algorithms and artificial intelligence to analyse data and generate copy that’s optimised for various factors, such as search engine rankings or conversion rates.
There are a number of different AI writing tools available, and they all work slightly differently. However, the basic idea is that you give the software some input (usually in the form of a few sentences or bullet points), and it will then generate a complete piece of text based on that input.
So how does it work? Essentially, a computer algorithm is fed a large amount of data (such as a company’s previous messaging, copy, posts, industry trends, and target audience information) to help create more personalised and relevant copy.
While AI copywriting can definitely save time and improve efficiency, it’s no magic bullet.
The actual process behind AI copying writing is relatively simple. It creates a model that can predict the probability of any sentence being interesting. If the probability is high enough… it creates the sentence for you! Pretty cool, right!
Let’s dive in!
Why use an AI writing tool for your blog?
Obviously the main reason you use any tool is to save time and create efficiencies in your processes. But there are other benefits of using an AI writer to help you with your posts.
If you are someone who struggles to come up with initial ideas or flesh out your thoughts, then using an AI writing tool can help you get the job done much faster. It’s also good if you have a paragraph thats lacking that punch. You can enter your paragraph into an AI writer like Jasper and it can write a whole bunch more for you, so long as you sanity check this, you’re good to go.
An AI writer can also help you improve the actual quality of your writing. If you’re new to blogging – and maybe love your niche but need a helping hand an AI writer can certainly help you hone your skills over time by providing you with suggestions and ideas for paragraphs. this can help with readability and flow.
Using an AI writer can also help to break through your own personal biases and assumptions about your topic, which can open up new perspectives and make for more interesting reading. This ones pretty cool. It means that sometimes we get stuck in our own heads and an AI writer can help us broader our scope. pretty cool huh?
Plus, using AI writing technology can actually help improve the SEO of your website by creating keyword-rich copy that drives website traffic and boosts search engine rankings. This is a fine balance tho! use it incorrectly and you could be harming your rank.
It’s also a great way to eliminate writer’s block!
Did you know that AI writers have been used to write recipes, song lyrics, entire stories and even movies! Woah! If an AI writing assistant can be used to write an entire novel- then surely AI writing software can be used ot help you write your blog, right?
Top reasons to use an AI writer on your blog
- Use advanced algorithms to optimize your content for search engines, helping you to attract more traffic to your blog.
- Help you to find the right words and phrases to use in your writing, making your content more engaging and effective.
- Provide suggestions for improving the structure and flow of your writing, making it more readable and engaging.
- Use natural language processing to ensure that your content is grammatically correct and free of spelling errors.
- Help you to stay on topic and maintain a consistent voice and tone throughout your blog.
- Generate ideas for new blog posts, helping you to keep your content fresh and interesting.
- Research and gather information on a wide range of topics, making it easier for you to create well-informed and informative content.
- Collaborate with you to ensure that your content aligns with your goals and objectives for your blog.
- Help you to save time and effort, allowing you to focus on other important tasks related to running your blog.
How should I use an AI Writers for my blog?
I wouldn’t recommend writing your entire blog post using an AI copywriter! That’s just nuts. But an AI writer can definitely come in handy when you are trying to come up with a catchy, SEO friendly title or when you want to check your headers and sub-headers are keyword rich.
An AI writer can also give you that competitive edge when it comes to perfecting and checking your own, well written introductions or conclusions to your blog post, and it will help you rank!
If you want to try using an AI writer for your next blog post, there are a few things you need to keep in mind.
1. Not all AI writing tools are created equal! Some are better than others, so it’s worth doing some research beforehand to find one that suits your needs. I’ve tried a few and Copy.ai seems to be the one that’s moving the fastest in terms of improvements, creates pretty spot on short form copy, and is well priced.
2. An AI writer is designed to assist you in writing blog posts and other documents in a more efficient manner. Not write the posts for you!
What Is The Best AI Copywriting Software And Tools?
When searching for the best AI software and tools to help you with your copy writing keep a few things to keep front of mind.
The first is, how does the AI software handle tone and writers Voice?
Some AI writers tend to be a little basic. And you definitely get what you pay for! Try out a few options and see what their results are.
I’ve tried many AI writers including each has their own pros and cons. But, when comparing Jasper to some other platforms, I’ve found Jasper to often have the most natural tone and flow. Most similar to how I would write and much more human in nature. Writesonic and Growthbar are also great options!
Jasper uses natural language processing software to generate content that sounds and feels like a human has written it.
The other thing you want to take into consideration is how your content writer handles SEO. Jasper ensures that all outputs are optimised and ready to rank! After all, theres no point in creating fabulous content that no one sees right!
I also LOVE Copy.ai and Writesonic for long form content… and if you’re a blogger you might like to try Growthbar. Designed by two very prolific ad successful bloggers, Growthbar helps you to stay firmly on track when it comes ot your SEO and ranking ability.
Tips on using an AI writer on your blog:
1. Use AI writers for headlines and sub-headers
One of the biggest misconceptions about AI writers is that people believe they can use them to write the whole blog post or document. That is not the case! Creating headers and sub-headers is a perfect use for an AI copywriter to help you with your blog post.
2. Use AI writers to brainstorm ideas
If you are struggling to come up with a topic for your blog post, an AI writer can help you brainstorm some ideas. Your AI writer will start providing you with ideas when you input your topic. You can then take these ideas and build on them.
Once you have found a topic that interests you, you can use the AI writer to come up with some sub-headers and headlines that fit this topic.
3. Use AI writers to create your meta title and description
This one’s a goodie. When you’ve finished your blog post – it’s always the final hurdle to come up with a great meta title and description. An ai writer can do this for you in seconds. AND it will be SEO friendly.
This is by far one the the YES ways to use an ai writer for your blog posts. Theres plenty of NO’s! but .. this one I recommend.
Pros of using an AI writer on your blog
- Its quick, you can create headers, titles and meta data super fast
- It means you can spend time doing other stuff to make money off of your small business
- An AI writer checks for plagiarism, so you know you’re not getting copied copy!
- Your copy is SEO friendly, hello SERPs!
- Used as a tool, not as the whole solution, it creates efficiencies
- AI can be great for social post copy when you’re having a busy day or need short form content fast, so long as you start with your own writing as a basis
Cons of using an AI writer on your blog
- An AI writer can’t deliver your brand tone perfectly
- Copy can lack personality if you don’t take the time to edit it properly
- If you’re using it for long pieces of content, you’re doing it wrong! It should only be used for outlines, headers, sub-headers and short form, like descriptions.
- It can actually take longer than simply doing it yourself if you’re fast anyway
- Googles Helpful Content Update may penalise you in the SERPs if you don’t use AI writing correctly (ie: not for long form)
An AI writer can be a super useful tool in your blogging tool belt. But it’s definitely not a panacea to all things blogging. It can certainly help you with getting started, with outlines, some of the short form stuff, like headers and descriptions… and even social posts. It can even HELP you with SEO and help you rank, use correctly. But beware! If you’re looking for shortcuts to actually writing… you’re out of luck.
Used wisely, its a great tool for your blogging tool kit. Just like any other tool like Canva, or Grammarly, or Buffer. But, check yourself! You always want to ensure you’re protecting your brand, and providing value.
So use it wisely! There are no shortcuts to great writing!
If you’re keen to give Jasper a try, I’ve been gifted 10,000 free credits for my readers. Grab yours here. 💜
You might also find this post useful! How to write a blog post