200+ Christmas Blog post ideas for every niche!
It’s never too early to start thinking about the most wonderful time of the year! And it’s never too early as a blogger to start thinking about your Christmas wrap up, roundup or Blogmas blog posts.
In fact. If you start now, you’ll only need to write one holiday themed post per week until December!
So … if you are doing Blogmas this year you’ll nearly have a full set of posts ready! Woopie! So good.
Disclaimer: This post contains links, that if clicked, and you make a purchase, I may make a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I absolutely ❤️
First off let’s start with what is Blogmas?… and why you should be doing it as a blogger?
What is Blogmas?
Any blogger can do blogmas. It doesn’t matter what niche you are in… Beauty, Travel, Parenting, Fashion, Lifestyle… even Business and Blogging! There’s a Blogmas just for you!
Blogmas is when great bloggers, like you… post one blog post a day relating to the holiday season starting from the 1st of December and finishing up on Christmas day – 25 Christmas blog posts. Like I said above, any blogger can do this! It’s fun and it can be great for your traffic, there are however a few caveats.
If you dont think you can quiiiitttee commit to the full 25 days… Just do the 2021 Blogmas Lite edition… Blogmas LITE is simply 12 days of Christmas… just as good, and it may mean you can concentrate on longer, more in depth and meaningful content for your readers.
If you’re smart… you can pre write and schedule your Blogmas content calendar in advance! So, you’re not scrambling last minute… win win win. With pre written content, you can even get your Holiday season socials all lined up and scheduled (I use Canva to schedule all my social posts, super super simple and cheap!) and not have to think about it while you’re on a beach, on the ski slopes, eating Xmas pud…. 🤣
Why should I do Blogmas?
If you start now, you’ll nearly have a full set of blog posts ready for blogmas! That way you’ll not get distracted, nor lacking in ideas or enthusiasm.
Plus, life gets in the way sometimes! Just know that if you partake in Blogmas you’ll likely not see the big results in traffic until possibly next holiday season. Giving Google time to index and rank your fabulous posts. However! If you have a fabulous D&A strategy, then you might just do spectacularly well on your first season.
What sort of posts should I publish during Blogmas?
The sky’s the limit! Of course it depends a lot on what niche you’re in. Any niche is a good niche!
- Parenting/ kids
- Business/ Work from home mommas
- Food + Drink (ahem… This one’s a no brainer at Christmas for Blogmas right!)
If you take your particular niche and think about what your readers will be looking for during the holiday season then bingo! You’ve got your Blogmas list! This will differ greatly from niche to niche. But remember…. You can cross pollinate! …
For instance… home decor/ DIY bloggers might have a content calendar full of crafty ideas to decorate your home… then…decorate on a budget… Decorate with kids…. DIY decorations to make with kids… etc… you don’t need to stick specifically to one niche… Branch out! … do the trifecta! Holiday decorating on a budget with kids!
Christmas themes and content ideas for bloggers:
- Content for Christmas – books, podcasts, Netflix, movies
- Gift ideas (duh…) … for him… for her… for kids… for teens…for granny
- Budgeting … travel… gifts… food
- Decor and Decorations for the holiday season
- Food! .. and drink ideas … add allergy friendly food ideas… and restrictions
- Traveling tips … for kids… for solo travelers… for couples … for COVID 19
- Guest/expert posts on your niche
- Favourites lists … favourite books… favourite beauty hauls … favourite blogs
- Self care and how to navigate stress at Christmas time
Pros and Cons of Blogmas
Pros of doing Blogmas
- Blog traffic! It’s what we all want after all
- Get new subscribers – mmmhmmm
- Reach a new audience… you might find a network of folks who are loving your new content
- Content! You’ve literally got content for days! Just make it good!
- Getting likes and comments- people are generally happy and generous during the holiday season!
Cons of doing Blogmas
- Spending December planning and writing every single day! … unless… you plan now!
- Not seeing traffic or rankings till Google indexes you after holiday season
- Boring your audience with mindless content (hint: don’t do this)
So, I’m here to help you. I’ve whipped up 8 lists of Blogmas 2021 content ideas for you depending on your niche. Go wild! Have fun! There’s 25 ideas in each category… just in case you feel like doing the full thing!
Christmas content ideas for Fashion Bloggers
- 10 of the cutest holiday jumpers you’ll ever buy
- Christmas day pyjamas for the whole family
- Party wear ideas for the holiday season
- Ugly holiday sweater roundup post
- Holiday party bag/ clutch picks
- How to look sparkly with style these holidays
- Get ready with me – NYE/ Christmas day/ holiday party
- Best Winter/ Summer accessories to go with dresses/ sweater/ coats
- What your favourite fashion bloggers are wearing for Christmas
- How to repurpose an old/ thrift store outfit into a holiday delight
- 6 stunning party LBD’s for nighttime party fun
- 15 favourite Winter/ Summer fashion trends for the holidays
- Cutest holiday footwear for 2021
- Festive slippers and pyjama top picks for couples
- Pinterest style favourites for 2021
- Christmas shopping haul
- Where to find the best NYE party dress deals
- How to organize your sweaters / wardrobe for Winter
- Cute looks for every holiday party or occasion
- Christmas party shows you must have
- Shopping tips for boxing day sales
- How to style: your Christmas jumper/ LBD/ NYE outfit
- End of year beauty favourites
- Top 5 holiday beauty products giveaway
- Holiday jewelry haul
Grab your free, printable Christmas Content Planner for Fashion Bloggers here.
Christmas content ideas for Beauty Bloggers
- Top 5 lip glosses on every beauty bloggers Christmas wish list
- Quick and easy holiday makeup ideas
- Stocking fillers for the makeup obsessed sibling
- Candy cane lip tricks
- Winter/ Summer holiday season beauty pampering
- What’s on my Christmas beauty wishlist?
- 25 Christmas makeup looks
- Winter/Summer eyeshadows ideas
- Holiday season DIY face masks
- How to style hair extensions for gorgeous Christmas day locks
- Decadent hair care gift ideas
- Winter hairstyles to wear with hats
- Beauty stocking fillers under $25
- How to keep your skin glowing this Winter/ Summer
- How to make your own scented lip gloss
- My picks – skincare/ grooming gifts for guys
- 15 best festive fragrances to buy your honey
- Top 10 foods for skin and hair to get your holiday glow on
- Your post Christmas skin detox recipe
- 5 Holiday nail art ideas
- Holiday NOTD, OOTD (Nails/outfit of the day)
- My favourite Christmas Lush/ Sephora products to gift this year
- Christmas day beauty tips
- Best holiday beauty dupes
- Christmas beauty gift guide for moms/ mom in laws
Grab your free, printable Christmas Content Planner for Beauty Bloggers here.
Christmas content ideas for Business Bloggers
- Holiday wish list for the blogger in your family
- How to balance your business during the holiday season
- Hot gift ideas for creatives
- 7 must listen to podcasts for entrepreneurs
- How to avoid holiday burnout as a work from home mom
- How to plan your content for the holidays
- Free 2021 planner/ content scheduler/ journal prompts
- 6 books for female entrepreneurs to read over the holidays
- Give away your/ other bloggers products – 12 days of Christmas gifts
- How to make great holiday flat lay shots and videos
- 35 best holiday Instagram hashtags for maximum business growth
- 6 ways you can help your fellow bloggers this holiday season
- How to work from home during the holidays
- 5 productivity tips for business wonders during the silly season
- How to attract a seasonal holiday audience to your blog
- 25 things you’re aiming for in 2022
- 12 days of Christmas – productivity apps/ business tools/ tips
- 25 inspiring female entrepreneurs to follow on Insta/ Twitter
- Gift guide for the business woman/ entrepreneur in your life
- Free printables to help your readers get organized/ stay sane/ practice self care over the holiday season
- Trends (for your industry) for 2022
- 12 day holiday challenge… start a blog/ social challenge/ SEO challenge
- Naughty and nice list for business practices/ SEO techniques/ content tips
- My 2022 business wish list
- Share your family’s best cookie recipe/ family tradition
Get your free, printable Christmas Content Planner for Business Bloggers here.
Christmas content ideas for Mom/ Parenting/ Family Bloggers
- 24 Christmas story time ideas for toddlers
- 12 Christmas songs for kids – that won’t drive you round the bend
- Gifts for the pooch/ kitteh who has everything
- Prompts for writing a Christmas story together
- Outdoor fun ideas for Christmas day
- How to create a plastic free Christmas in your home
- Easy paper Christmas crafts for kids
- 20 gifts for your college kids
- How to make and decorate your own gingerbread house
- 12 super stunning gift ideas under $20/ $50
- Family car trip playlist- that won’t drive you mad
- 6 inspiring podcasts to keep parents sane over the holiday season
- 5 favourite films to share from your childhood with your kids!
- How to teach your kids how to write a thank you note
- How to childproof/ dog proof/ cat proof your Christmas decor
- How to start your own Christmas eve traditions
- Winter/ Summer science experiments to do with kids
- Easy holiday treats to make with the kids
- Tips for talking to your kids about Santa!
- 10 ways to teach children to give back these holidays
- How to save money on your Christmas grocery bill
- How to make magical reindeer food that Rudolph will love
- Lunchbox treats for the holiday season
- Stress busters for kids during the silly season
- Christmas care package ideas for college kids
Grab your free printable here – Christmas Content Planner for Mom/ Parenting Bloggers.
Christmas content ideas for Lifestyle/ Wellness/ Health/ Self Care Bloggers
- 7 self care ideas for busy moms during the holiday season
- 12 days of Christmas movies with your honey
- How to be an eco friendly Christmas giver
- 24 days of gratitude
- 10 ways to serve your community this holiday season
- Holiday gift ideas for every budget
- How to take care of your mental health during the silly season
- Local or handmade gift ideas for the holidays
- 10 of the best holiday window displays in your town/ the US/ the world
- How to create a minimalist Christmas
- 5 steps to finding your inner calm this holiday season
- How to stress less and enjoy more this holiday season
- 12 holiday gift ideas for the eco conscious/ minimalist
- Christmas workouts for the overindulged
- How to create a wasteless Christmas
- How to wrap your gifts without waste this Christmas
- 10 habits to break this holiday season
- 20 non-gift gifts for your loved ones
- What to do when Christmas is stressful/ sad for you
- 12 best holiday essential oils to uplift your spirits and create memories
- How to say no to sugary treats this Christmas
- 12 journal prompts for gratitude
- 5 podcasts/ TED talks every mom needs this Christmas
- Gift guide for introverts
- How to reboot your energy for the year ahead
Grab your free, printable Christmas Content Planner for Lifestyle Bloggers here.
Christmas content ideas for DIY/ Craft / Home/ Decor Bloggers
- Christmas decoration haul post
- How to make your very own pinecone wreath
- Simple paper straw Christmas trees for kids
- How to style your dinner table for Christmas
- What to look for in a real Christmas tree that lasts
- DIY gift guide for toddlers
- How to decorate a welcoming guest room for visitors this Christmas
- How to make your own sparkly Christmas tree baubles
- DIY Advent calendar template
- 12 best Winter/ Summer decor books and magazines
- Simple miniature tree ideas for space conscious decorators
- Christmas colouring in printable for kids
- How to make your own gorgeous holiday cards
- How to recycle your old Christmas cards into super cute tree ornaments
- How to make a Christmas wreath
- Top Pinterest craft fails for 2021
- 5 Christmas knitting/ crochet/ patterns to try
- MYO Christmas Eve surprise boxes
- 16 back to school crafts that kids will love
- 12 ridiculously easy wall decorations that will transform your lounge/ hallway
- Free Christmas printable gift tags/ cards
- 10 top scented candles for the holidays
- How to make super cute Santa and Reindeer finger puppets
- Best easy to make holiday sewing patterns
- DIY holiday costume ideas
Get your free Christmas Content Planner for DIY/ Craft Bloggers here.
Christmas content ideas for Travel Bloggers
- 21 things to do in your city/town on Christmas break
- Create your holiday bucket travel list for families
- How to make the best combi/ backpacker Christmas dinner while traveling
- 12 best gift ideas for the traveler in your life
- How to spend Christmas alone on the top of a mountain
- What to do for Christmas in New York/ New Zealand/ New Hampshire
- The 20 best places to spend Christmas this year
- How to say happy holidays in 20 different languages
- 16 of the best travel gift ideas for kids
- Where to find the best Christmas pub meal in London/ Chicago/ Perth
- Where my travel blogging friends are spending their Christmas this year
- How to overcome homesickness during Christmas overseas
- Christmas and New Year tips for solo travelers
- Mini travel gifts for the wanderer in your life
- How to travel with your in laws/ kids/ pets during Christmas vacation
- How to plan a holiday trip with a big family group
- Luxury Christmas travel ideas for the family
- 5 places to avoid visiting during December
- How to pack for a holiday season trip
- The top 20 Christmas foods you must try in Switzerland/ Ireland/ Italy
- 10 of the best beaches in the world to spend Christmas at
- How to make the most of Christmas in a new country
- How to survive a long haul holiday flight with kids
- Hotel holiday hacks for Christmas travelers
- Top 20 destinations for a cozy Winter getaway
Get your free printable Christmas Content Planner for Travel Bloggers here.
Christmas content ideas for Food Bloggers
- Vegetarian/vegan turkey alternatives for Christmas
- How to avoid processed food and takeaways this holiday season
- Christmas dinner leftover recipes ideas
- Christmas detox diet for food lovers
- Cinnamon and champagne pancakes (for the adults!)
- Gift ideas for the foodie in your life
- Dairy free/ Gluten free/ Refined sugar free Christmas treat ideas
- Holiday decorations you can eat!
- 5 fabulous eggnog recipes that will knock your Christmas socks off
- Delicious non alcoholic Christmas drinks for the whole family
- 24 handmade treats as gift ideas
- Healthy (ish) cookie recipes for kids
- Family Christmas breakfast treats
- How to impress your guests, 7 simple and sweet desserts for Christmas lunch
- 10 of the most delicious holiday cocktails
- 5 tasty Christmas cookie ideas
- Cute Christmas tree cupcake ideas
- Winter/ Summer pizza ideas
- Winter slow cooker recipes to feed your guests
- The simplest and tastiest GF/DF/fruit free Christmas cake recipe
- 7 food blogger friends favourite holiday recipes
- Easiest Christmas potluck dinner recipes
- The 3 most perfect Christmas stuffing recipes ever
- Christmas cookware/ cooking accessories wish list
- Outdoor BBQ tips for Winter/ Summer holidays
Grab your free, printable Christmas Content Planner for Food Bloggers here.
Remember to make sure you’re optimising your Blogmas 2021 content properly! Check out my SEO guide for bloggers here. Research your keywords and make sure your metadata is on point. That way you’ll make the most out of this seasonal content!