How to hide a page in WordPress
2 Min blogging tips – How to hide a page in WordPress
You know how sometimes you do some cool freebies or opt-ins or other pages that you want to hide from your main nav and only get people to click through when directed by a URL?
Yeah… those ones!
Well, there’s a clever wee trick you can do to hide those pages in all navs…it’s suppppper simple… but unless you know how it is a bit illusive!
Here’s how: Watch the video
Step by step instructions – How to hide a page in WordPress
So, here’s a page in my Find nav menu at the bottom of my page that I want hidden. It’s a new landing page with a free download for craft bloggers.
Christmas content planner for DIY and Craft Bloggers.
- Head to Appearance> Customise on your WordPress Dash
- Scroll down to Widgets on your left side menu and select the widget you need to edit
- When you open that Widget you’ll see a box at the bottom which says “exclude”… here’s where you need to put the page number that you want to hide
- Find the page number for the page you need to hide.
- Go to Pages on your dash and hover over the page you want to know the ID for
- Look to the bottom left of your screen, you’ll see a grey pop up box
- Your page number is at the end of that sequence… in between the = and the & symbol.
- Mine here is 1542
- Add that page number (separate by a comma) to your excluded list and hit publish.
- Voila! Your page is gone! But not forgotten! Takes 2 minutes!